We get it! Buying a pair of great fabric shears is an investment and we want to provide the best customer service and after-sales experience. That's why we offer our customers a 10 year warranty. Our 10 year warranty covers parts and materials only, for all LDH Scissors products, excluding damage caused by the user. LDH Scissors products may require regular maintenance to maintain their performance, which can include daily care and mindful handling.
All LDH Scissors products are subject to quality checks when exiting our factory and when they are shipped by a total of at least four people. Damage due to misuse, abuse, or normal wear and tear are therefore not covered by our 10 year warranty.
In the event that you have a problem with your LDH Scissors products due to a manufacturing defect, we will attempt to remedy the problem in accordance with our warranty policy. No other warranties are implied or expressed other than what is specifically stated here.
10 Year Warranty
What does it cover?
- Our 10 year warranty covers defects in craftsmanship (parts) and materials from a purchased product by the original purchaser, through LDH Scissors Inc. or verified retailers of LDH Scissors Inc.
What does it not cover?
- Our 10 year warranty does not cover damage caused by the user, such as rusting, breakage, chipped blades, or other similar issues due to improper use, improper maintenance, product modifications, and accidents.
- Our 10 year warranty does not include free sharpening.
- Our 10 year warranty does not cover any damage resulting from regular wear and tear, improper handling and storage, exposure to excessive moisture/oxidation, intentional damage, and misuse. This warranty also does not cover any aesthetic wear and tear.
- Our 10 year warranty does not cover any gifted products from us or another entity.
- Products returned to us months or years after purchase are usually done so because routine maintenance and care have not been applied. Please ensure you are regularly oiling, cleaning, and properly storing your tools, as products that are not properly taken care of by the user are not covered by our warranty.
- If there is a manufacturing defect upon receiving your product(s), you must contact us within 48 hours. We won't be able to honour exchanges or returns after 30 days. For more info, please check: returns & exchanges.
- While stainless steel products will resist oxidation more than carbon steel products, they cannot be guaranteed against rusting.
- Due to the manufacturing process and the nature of our hand-finished scissors, some scissors may have superficial scratches that do not diminish the overall quality of the scissors, but may not be as aesthetically pleasing. Please note that softer metals such as carbon steel are more prone to scratches. These scratches are a known feature that is not covered under our warranty. This is what we consider normal wear during our manufacturing process.
- Depending on the materials of your product(s), without mindful handling and daily maintenance, the blades could become chipped. This is what we considered normal wear and tear, and can be fixed by your local sharpener.
- If you have dropped or mishandled your scissors, or cut material beyond what they can reasonably handle, any resulting damage (such as chipped blades) or misalignment is not covered by our warranty.
How to submit for warranty?
To submit a claim, please include a clear picture or video of the defect on the product, and the associated receipt and/or the original box. Please email the pictures to email@example.com. This will allow us to assess the damage, go through the warranty process, and, most importantly, help us prevent future manufacturing defects. Please note that shipping fees may apply.